Friday, August 27, 2010

Cure for Stomach ailments

In our pseudo-scientific age where anecdotal evidence is hailed as gospel and real research is considered old fashioned or too expensive, I am going to add to the confusion by presenting a cure for stomach ailments.

On Tuesday of this week, after having a salad on a bike ride (never eat salad), I got a stomach bug. Two days of rest and no food or very little, had no real effect and I despaired of completing my work assignments or of riding this weekend...UNTIL.

Until I developed a sudden urge in my famished state for Louis Pizza. Conventional wisdom would say that thick egg batter dough and mounds of cheese (I like plain pizzas) are the LAST thing you need when you are sick. I could almost smell the pizza and last night drove to McArthur Rd, and bought a small cheese pizza. Heaven!

Louis Pizza, for those of you who have never had it, is heaven. Even people who normally don't eat or like Pizza, like me are instant converts!

This morning, total cure. I am back to my my normal state.


MORAL OF THE STORY
In an age of no real medical research, or when pharmaceuticals are pushing new miracle drugs...listen to what your own body is telling you. Sometimes all it takes is a few slices of Louis pizza to set the world to right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. Your remarks will be reviewed before publishing!

Facebook Badge

Karine's Blog

Welcome to my blog, the home of my random thoughts. I would value and welcome your comments!



Followers